Scrypto – Cryptocurrency Social Network & SRT ICO Token Sale?
Scrypto.io is a social network for the cryptocurrency community. Find out what that means today in our Scrypto.io review.
What Is Scrypto?
Scrypto is a new social network for the cryptocurrency community. The platform was created by the team behind the DigitalPrice coin, which is why you can send DigitalPrice coins from within the platform.
Just like any social network, you can use Scrypto.io to share your thoughts on different cryptocurrency projects and ICOs. You can enter into discussions with these projects with interested people, or create your own useful content yourself.
Right now, Scrypto.io looks like a barebones version of Facebook. The goal is to offer cryptocurrency users an alternative to platforms like Slack or Steemit. Today, most projects have their own Slack where they can discuss the development of a project. Scrypto.io plans to give users a more centralized option through features like Communities.
There’s a Community for NEO, for example. Admins can post tutorials and other information about NEO onto this community.
At the same time, you can become friends with other people within a Community, send private messages to people, and engage in all the other social media functions you would expect.
Scrypto.io first appeared online in July, with more information about the platform launching online in August. The platform is starting to gain some traction, and you can visit a working version of the website online today.
Scrypto is online right now in a very basic form. However, the whitepaper outlines a long list of planned features for the platform, including all of the following:
- Notifications (like notifications when news is posted about a currency you’re interested in)
- Cryptocurrency activities
- Dashboard where you can review and access all necessary information
- Profiles, including a digital cryptocurrency card for each user
- Groups that allow users to navigate the world of cryptocurrency in a more organized way
- A search feature where users can search for investors, miners, or groups
- File sharing, including the ability to download or post files online
- Privacy settings where you can manage access to all content, your profile, and groups
- Cryptocurrency tipping, including the ability to receive coins for interest posts, or promote your own profile
- Wiki-style pages, where users can post crowdsourced information about various projects
- Rating system that comes with a complete history of all events, fresh news, and discussion
- Cryptocurrency portfolio where you can track your assets over time
- Online chat where you can get quick information from other users
- Gaming platform with browser-based games based on the blockchain where cryptocurrency works as a rewarded unit
- Crowd-investing platform where users can conduct an IPO or ICO
- Streaming platform
- Decentralized platform based on the blockchain with peer-to-peer content distribution technology
These are just a few of the features listed in the Scrypto whitepaper. The project has a long list of features planned for the platform. If you look at Facebook, they offer many similar features to the ones listed above (like video streaming and groups). Scrypto wants to replicate that type of functionality.
The Scrypto ICO
The Scrypto.io ICO was announced at the beginning of August. The token sale is taking place throughout August and September. You can buy Scrypto.io tokens for between $0.50 and $0.75 (the first 50,000 tokens were sold at a price of $0.50, and after that the price increased).
You can continue to buy SRT tokens through the end of September. As a token holder, you get a share of the Scrypto company.
Scrypto.io is registered in Belize City, Belize. Aside from that basic information, we don’t have much info about who’s involved with the project, or what their background is. The whitepaper simply lists the developers and authors as the “Scrypto Team”.
Fortunately, the ICO page has more information about the development team. You can view complete information about the developers on their website. All team members are listed as Project Manager, Community Manager, Marketing Manager, Team Lead, Backend Programmer, or Advisor.
Scrypto is a social network for the cryptocurrency community. The social network aims to provide a centralized gathering point for the crypto community. You can form groups to talk about different projects or post information and receive rewards in the form of tips. It’s a unique platform that could change the way the crypto community interacts.
Scrypto has ambitious goals for the future, including dozens of planned features. The first step is to complete the ICO, which is taking place throughout August and September.
Obviously, we already have platforms like Steemit that allow the community to interact. However, if Steemit is like Reddit, then Scrypto seems to want to be like Facebook. There may be room for both platforms.
You can learn more about the project, or view the working platform today, by visiting Scrypto online at Scrypto.io.