Sensay, found online at Sensay.it, is a chat robot and messaging platform that promises to replicate the human experience. Find out what that means today in our Sensay review.
What Is Sensay?
Sensay is a messaging bot and platform available through Messenger, Slack, Telegram, Kik, SMS, Line, WeChat, and Skype. You add the messenger bot, then use the bot to find “Sensays” around the world. You can ask a Sensay a certain question based on his or her unique skills, experiences, and knowledge.
To be clear, Sensay is a contact you add to your messenger platform. The bot then connects you with “Sensays”, which are real human people worldwide. When you sign up for Sensay, you automatically become a Sensay. Others can reach out to you for advice based on your interests, skills, or experience.
The official Sensay website describes the bot as “the best friend you’ve never met”. The bot promises to be available any time you need to reach out. You can have a meaningful conversation through the bot.
“Sensay is millions strong and growing daily,” explains the official website. “It’s full of Sensays from around the globe with all kinds of expertise and valuable insight. Finding the one human you need is just one chat message away.”
The platform is anonymous as well. Even though you’re talking to a real human being, there’s no way to identify the other person.
When you sign up for Sensay, you automatically become a Sensay. The platform encourages you to use your skills, experience, knowledge, and wisdom to help other people through the app.
Uses For Sensay
Obviously, an online messaging platform isn’t exactly a new idea. We’ve seen plenty of anonymous messaging platforms appear online in the past. What makes Sensay different? How does the platform plan to attract users?
Here are some of the proposed use cases for Sensay:
- Relationships: Need ideas for a proposal? Want to know how to approach a crush? The platform claims “there’s a Sensay for that”.
- Globetrotting: “From hostels in Southeast Asia to the best wine in Paris, Sensays have been there.”
- Foodie Stuff: “Somewhere there’s a Sensay whose grandmother makes the perfect key lime pie.”
- Landing Gigs: Whether you’re a software developer or a freelancer writer, you can get gigs through Sensay.
- Little Sensays: Parents can use Sensay to discover how other parents dealt with their kids at various stages of their lives.
- Terrible Movie Endings: Talk about your favorite or least favorite movies with other Sensays.
- Find your Unicorn: Input your interests into the platform, then find a Sensay who shares the same interests as you. No matter how unique your interests may be, there could be a Sensay out there for you.
Overall, the platform claims it can be used for “anything and everything”. The above use cases are just a few examples of how Sensay may work.
Sensay is based in Los Angeles. The company launched in 2015. So far, they’ve raised $6 million in two rounds of financing. The second seed funding round (which raised $4.5 million) included funding from Amplify LA, a leading accelerator program based in Los Angeles.
Sensay is led by Crystal Rose (Co-Founder and COO) and Ariel Jalali (CEO). Over the past two years of development, the company has expanded its number of chat robots and messaging platforms. Today, it’s available on 8 different platforms.
Sensay is a messaging platform that connects you with “Sensays” around the world. Each Sensay has a unique set of skills, experiences, and interests that makes he or she qualified to answer your questions. The platform is currently available over all popular messaging platforms or through SMS.
Sensay can be used for just about anything. Some of the specific uses for the platform include parenting advice, travel advice, relationship information, or even just to find someone who shares the same hobbies and interests as you.
To learn more about Sensay, visit the platform online today at Sensay.it, where you can easily add the platform to your list of contacts. There’s no app to download: you’re just adding a new contact, then interacting with that chatbot to get in touch with Sensays worldwide.