SmartChain.io is an easy-to-use blockchain designed for business users. Find out how it works today in our review.
What is SmartChain.io?
Do you want your business to access the benefits of blockchain technology – but aren’t sure where to get started? SmartChain wants to help. SmartChain is an easy-to-use blockchain service that promises simple integration with your business application without any coding knowledge required.
Some of the key features include SmartChain’s native drag and drop smart contract builder. SmartChain also works with any blockchain platform. You can use an existing blockchain like bitcoin, Ethereum, or Nem. Or, you can use your own custom blockchain.
The overall goal of SmartChain.io is to make blockchain accessible to any business. You can request a demo today from SmartChain.io.
How Does SmartChain.io Work?
SmartChain provides the infrastructure needed to integrate blockchain into your business. The company lets you select any blockchain platform – like Ethereum, Waves, or KickICO – then get started immediately. You can use the SmartChain drag and drop feature to build smart contracts faster with no code required, for example.
Another nifty feature is that SmartChain lets you link your web apps to the blockchain with a few clicks. Data from those apps can be selectively shared with the blockchain.
Along the way, users can freely switch between any blockchain platform. You can also send your data to hundreds of mobile, web, and cloud applications – including web platforms like Drupal, Shopify, and WordPress or mobile environments like iOS and Android.
Some of the core advertised features of SmartChain include all of the following:
- User-friendly drag and drop editor
- Build contracts with no coding knowledge thanks to SmartChain’s smart contract templates
- Flexible and easy to use
- Knowledgeable and thoughtful support means there’s always a helping hand
- Developers enjoy advantages like a simple API, a dependable platform, a debugger system, and an open source environment
Overall, SmartChain lets you integrate once, then immediately get access to all the tools so you can build the best apps. You can use the SmartChain dashboard to funnel all collected data to the tools you use without having to file a task.
How does SmartChain make money? The company will make money by charging a subscription fee for its services. The monthly fee will depend on the number of applications enabled by each client.
SmartChain will also generate revenue from transaction fees (when launching a multi-currency wallet), commercial advertising on the platform, and network processing commissions for those launching their own blockchain.
What Problems Does SmartChain.io Seek to Solve?
SmartChain seeks to solve a number of problems for both users and businesses.
Problems for Users
- Blockchain technology is complex, and the industry is filled with new, unfamiliar jargon
- Users face performance issues with blockchain technology, including transaction delays that lead to uncertainty
- Users have trouble accessing blockchain applications on certain devices and browsers
Problems for Businesses
- Businesses struggle with large transaction costs using blockchain technology
- Other businesses struggle with high operational costs when trying to implement blockchain into their business
- A large amount of information must be analyzed in real-time and explained to clients as fast as possible
- There’s a lack of specially educated professionals in the blockchain space
- Blockchain platforms can still suffer from denial of service attacks that jeopardize business continuity
The SmartChain Token Sale
Of the total supply of SmartChain tokens, 70% are being distributed during the token sale, with 25% going to the team and 5% going to bounties. The token sale has a soft cap of $10 million and a hard cap of $46.32 million. Tokens are being sold at a price of $0.64 to $0.85 during the token sale.
There doesn’t appear to be a time limit on the token sale. SCHT tokens are being sold in different allotments, and the token sale will likely continue until all tokens are sold out.
Who’s Behind SmartChain?
SmartChain is led by Dmitry Yanchilenko (CEO), a Belarus-based entrepreneur with 20 years of experience developing and managing commercial enterprises. His previous experience includes serving as the CEO of DrupalPeople, a position he continues to hold according to his LinkedIn page.
Other listed members of the team include Sergei Porfenovich (CTO), who has 10 years of software engineering and IT project experience. The team behind SmartChain was first formed in March 2016. Development took place throughout 2016 and 2017, with a closed beta version of the platform launching in August 2017.
The company plans to launch an open beta version of the platform in October 2018, with a fully functioning system available in December 2018.
SmartChain is a blockchain platform catered to business users. The platform wants to help business users integrate blockchain into their existing web and business applications. Using SmartChain, businesses can migrate application data to any blockchain with no coding knowledge required. Businesses pay a subscription fee based on the number of services they use within the SmartChain ecosystem.
To learn more about SmartChain and how it works, visit online today at SmartChain.io