Ternio, found online at Ternio.io, is a blockchain for digital advertising. Find out how it works today in our review.
What is Ternio?
Ternio is a digital advertising platform built on the blockchain. The platform is designed to make it easy to verify users, pay publishers, and protect advertisers from ad fraud. This will improve transaction efficiency among all parties involved in digital advertising.
That advertising platform revolves around a digital token called Ternio TERN. As the Ternio whitepaper explains, “Ternio is a blockchain based utility token built to transform and ultimately disrupt the $224 billion per year digital advertising market.”
The name Ternio, by the way, means “A Series of Three”. The “three” refers to the three main parties involved in the digital advertising ecosystem, including users, publishers, and advertisers.
The platform is preparing to launch in June 2018, with a token sale for TERN tokens scheduled to begin on April 2.
What Problems Does Ternio Seek to Solve?
Ternio’s whitepaper identifies several major problems with today’s advertising industry, including:
- Lack of transparency
- Domain fraud
- Bot traffic
- Lengthy payment models
Overall, the platform is complex and ever-changing, making it increasingly difficult for advertisers and publishers to navigate through everything. Ternio was created out of the necessity to streamline and clarify the process for all parties involved.
Ternio TERN Features and Benefits
What makes Ternio different from other conventional advertising platforms? Here are some of the benefits emphasized by the platform:
- Ternio has solved the blockchain scalability issue within the digital advertising ecosystem, which has previously been a major hurdle in preventing broader adoption
- Ternio is the first company to offer the ability and guarantee of Net0 payments for all parts of the ad supply chain as a standard; there’s no more payment float to prop up companies
- Ternio is the first to offer a blockchain solution for all programmatic digital ad protocols; the platform uses Ternio blockchain technology to overcome scalability issues within the programmatic advertising industry
- In the Ternio whitepaper, the company claims to have an agreement in place with at least one advertising technology company
- Ternio has multiple fraud prevention mechanism built into its blockchain technology
- Ternio has a comprehensive plan to promote early adoption with advertisers, ad agencies, and ad technology companies
Benefits for Publishers
Ternio’s benefits for publishers include all of the following:
- Guaranteed payments for each transaction
- Instant payments completed on impression delivery
- Connecting advertisers to publishers via the Ternio Advertising Exchange
- Banking fees are not required to collect payment
Benefits for Advertisers
Advertisers can experience benefits like the following from the Ternio platform:
- Preventing user fraud
- Eliminating domain fraud
- Utilizing smart contracts in Lexicon through the ad supply chain to ensure campaign requirements are met
- Easily accessible audit reporting
- Eliminate discrepancies using a decentralized, transparent, immutable, and trusted data platform
How Does Ternio Work?
Ternio relies on a permissioned blockchain infrastructure called Lexicon.
Lexicon is used as a ledger system for all participants in the advertising ecosystem. It maintains contracts between publishers, advertisers, and the rest of the supply chain.
The blockchain relies on Ternio nodes to process transactions. Ternio nodes sign, verify, and hold contracts for a 24 hour period. After the 24 hour period is complete, the contract information is collected to settle the transaction. All Lexicon blockchain records within each node are destroyed after each 24 hour period.
There’s also a communication layer that facilitates communication between Ternio, the publisher, the advertiser, and the platform’s fraud detection mechanism.
How Do Ternio Tokens Work?
Ternio tokens are abbreviated under the symbol TERN. They’re used as the primary method of exchange on the platform.
Publishers and all other companies in the ad supply chain receive TERN tokens through transactions of selling their traffic to advertisers in exchange for a value of TERN. Recipients are free to do as they please with TERN. They can cash out TERN in an exchange for tangible currency, for example, trade them for services, or hold them in your wallet. In other words, you can treat them like any digital currency.
The Ternio TERN Sale
The Ternio token sale is scheduled to begin on April 2, 2018. The token sale will end when 490,000,000 TERN are sold, or when it’s May 1 (whichever comes first).
TERN will be sold at a fixed price of $0.10.
Of the total supply of tokens, 49% is allocated for the public crowdsale. The remaining tokens are allocated to the founding team (30%), founding developers (5%), advisors (1%), and the Ternio reserve (15%).
The Ternio Block Card
There’s one final feature of Ternio worth mentioning: the Ternio Block Card. This card is designed to simplify payments to publishers. It’s a physical VISA/MasterCard card that offers quick and easy transactions.
Instead of transferring funds to a publisher’s digital wallet, bank account, PayPal, or other mechanism, the Block Card allows for near-instantaneous transfers, giving publishers direct access to funds they earned the previous day.
The Ternio Block Card is expected to be released in October 2018.
Who’s Behind Ternio?
Ternio’s founding team has 35 years of technology development and digital media experience across leading ad tech and publishing companies. The team all comes from a digital media company called Ad3 Media.
Key members of the team include Daniel Gouldman (Co-Founder), who serves as CEO and co-founder of Ad3 Media. He has also co-founded several other successful multimillion dollar digital companies over the past several years and served as Vice President for a $40 billion company.
Other key team members include Ian Kane (Co-Founder), the Chief Revenue Officer at Ad3 and Bryant Maroney (Co-Founder), the Chief Technology Officer at Ad3.
Ternio TERN ICO Conclusion
Ternio is a digital advertising platform built around TERN tokens. The platform aims to disrupt the programmatic advertising industry by giving participants – including publishers, advertisers, and users – a better, more transparent solution. The platform emphasizes fast, daily payments and easy order matching.
To learn more about Ternio, visit online today at Ternio.io. The token sale for TERN tokens is scheduled to begin on April 2.