Ties.DB: Smart Decentralized Application Database Blockchain?
Decades ago, when the world first ushered the digital era, data was previously stored in hard copy. On the advent of the then new technology, the hard copy files had to be converted into digital format. Since then, the volume of data as grown exponentially, and so has the necessity for development of reliable and efficient storage mechanisms. Nonetheless, the currently existing infrastructure often disappoints when stretched beyond its limits.
Databases are a common occurrence in several enterprises nowadays. In fact, one cannot downplay their importance, considering the crucial and voluminous nature of the information they store. It is evident that after the adoption of databases, numerous companies have recorded improvements as a result of efficient storage and retrieval of data.
Crypto Smart Decentralized Application Database
The introduction and unprecedented success of blockchain technology has certainly intensified the demand for storage of non-financial data. To serve this need, Ties.DB has established the world’s pioneering decentralized and distributed database. The arrival of a crypto-oriented database was long overdue, though nobody expected the idea to be implemented by a blockchain company.
Ties Network is a renowned software manufacturer, and recently it released the world’s first blockchain-based NoSQL database. The database will store all Ethereum based decentralized applications. NoSQL databases can store simple key values without altering them and additional indexes simultaneously. Moreover, some variants can support SQL query languages.
The main objective of this database is to address the failings of decentralized cloud storage systems. As of now, the existing infrastructure are inconvenient when it comes to accessing large files and handling complex operations. Ties.DB offers a significant improvement in efficiency, allowing users to easily create, access and modify files. The primary reason behind this is the sorting feature, which arranges the data in an alphabetical sequence.
Despite being ones its key advantages, anonymity in decentralized databases often causes distrust among members. Ties database will establish trust between clients over the networking while upholding their privacy.
Advantages Of Ties.DB
- Distribution – due to its decentralized nature the database will be accessible from remote locations
- Publicity – another perk of decentralization, everybody will have access to the stored information.
- Speed – data is arranged in indices and is therefore easily accessible easily and fast.
- Ability to store structured data – currently, there is limited support for structured data storage, an issue that is addressed in Ties database.
- Sharding support – each node will have a predetermined number of primary data keys which is scalable throughout the network.
- Data deletion capability – Ties DB supports data erasing, albeit not instantaneously. However, if a node acts suspiciously, the data it contains is deleted.
Ties.DB ICO Overview
Late last year, this project conducted an initial coin offering, whose main purpose was to raise funds for the development off the platform. The crowdsale was successful, with the proceeds amounting to an approximated $10 million in exchange for 59 million Ethereum- based TIE tokens.
Below is an overview of the ICO
- Token sale start date – 21 September 2017
- Token sale end date 12 October 2017
- Token symbol – TIE