Trade.io aims to become the world’s leading platform for trading multiple types of financial assets on blockchain technology. Here’s our review.
What Is Trade.io?
Trade.io describes itself as “a next generation financial institution based on blockchain technology.” The platform was created to disrupt the existing status quo in financial markets to “usher in a new era of trading and financing.”
Trade.io is made by a team of developers based in Zug, Switzerland (also known as Crypto Valley).
The initial goal is to create a trading and financial platform for crypto assets, built on blockchain technology. However, the long-term goal is to offer forex and CFDs for precious metals, oil, commodities, indices, global equities, and more. At launch, the platform expects to have 120+ available for trading.
What Problems Does Trade.io Seek To Solve?
Trade.io was founded to solve major problems in the world of financial markets. Here’s how the company’s whitepaper explains these problems:
“A whole ecosystem of banks, advisors, markets, and record keepers are extracting enormous fees from both investors and companies. On top of the inefficiencies created by high fees and low liquidity, existing trading platforms lack transparency, they have no third party verification and often suffer from conflicts of interest.”
That’s where Trade.io sees an opportunity to use blockchain technology. Using a blockchain trading platform, Trade.io promises to democratize markets, save money for investors and companies, reduce (or even eliminate) fees, and prevent inefficiencies.
How Does Trade.io Work?
At launch, Trade.io expects to offer trading in more than 120 different financial instruments, including cryptocurrencies, forex pairs, and CFDs on stock indices, commodities, stocks, metals, and energies.
Some of the key features and functions of the platform will include:
- Be the leading platform for trading multiple financial assets based on blockchain technology
- Be the leading exchange for traditional companies to raise funds from crypto communities
- Be the most cost-effective platform to facilitate investment banking services with reduced advisory expenses
- Be the biggest trading liquidity pool comprised of TradeToken holders for the benefit of TradeToken holders
- Have TradeTokens (the platform’s built-in currency) be among the top 5 crypto-asset based on market cap
Benefits Of Trade.io
Trade.io aims to provide all of the following benefits:
- Blockchain Technology: Blockchain provides an immutable record of every transaction within the client account to ensure complete transparency through the blockchain.
- Liquidity Pool: Multiple transparent revenue streams are available, including margin financing and transactional proceeds.
- Investment Banking: Assist new and existing funds in raising funds and listing on the Trade.io exchange.
- Daily Distributions: Liquidity pool participants can participate in daily distributions paid directly to their digital wallet in fiat and cryptocurrencies.
- Frictionless Utility Token: The Trade.io platform uses TradeToken (TIO), which is used to exchange and participate in the shared liquidity pool.
- Experienced Team: accomplished management and advisors from the fintech, investment banking, blockchain, and trading space.
How Does TradeToken (TIO) Work?
Trade.io uses a token called TradeToken. It’s a utility token that enables frictionless transactions on a wide range of assets on the Trade.io exchange. It also acts as a medium of exchange and a store of value.
You can use the TIO token to participate in the Trade.io shared liquidity pool as a market maker and receive daily payouts to your Trade.io wallet in fiat and cryptocurrency.
In the future, holders can also use TradeToken to purchase new issues and IPOs on the Trade.io exchange.
The TradeToken (TIO) ICO
The pre-ICO for TIO tokens is scheduled for November 7 to 21, 2017.
The general ICO begins November 22 and ends on November 29.
The company is issuing a total of 500 million TradeTokens. Approximately two thirds of those tokens will be issued to the public through a token sale. A maximum of 100 million TradeTokens will be sold during the pre-ICO.
For the first week of the pre-ICO, the price will be $1.15 per TradeToken. That price rises to $1.25 by the second week. When the general ICO begins on November 22, the price will be set at $3 USD per TradeToken.
An additional 10%, or 50 million tokens, will go into the Trade.io liquidity pool to facilitate trading. The remaining amount will be used to compensate developers, advisors, vendors, and management.
By December, the company hopes to integrate their platform with blockchain. The full Trade.io platform launch will occur in April 2018.
Who’s Behind Trade.io?
Trade.io is led by Jim Preissler (CEO), an entrepreneur with 20+ years of international business experience, with a deep background in private equity and investment banking.
The company is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, or Crypto Valley. It was founded in 2017.
Trade.io aims to disrupt the world of financial trading by creating a blockchain-based platform where investors can buy and sell different financial assets. The ecosystem revolves around the use of TradeTokens, or TIO. At launch (scheduled for April 2018), the company plans to offer 120+ investment vehicles through its platform.
To learn more about Trade.io and how it works, visit online today at Trade.io.