The technology behind smart contracts and cryptocurrency are proving to have a drastic impact on all industries across the board. Any organizational structure which has multiple parties involved requires the trustworthiness of the data transaction and blockchain is showing potential is helping us leverage that capability. The tours and travel industry is an excellent example of how blockchain can have a positive impact on our travelling.
As hotels, airlines and other travel services are practically databases themselves, securing the customer's data is always critical. But that is not the only gain that comes with using blockchain for traveling. An underlying advantage is a convenience it will offer to different players of the tourism world. Here’s one blockchain travel venture that is set to provide an innovative solution to how you get to travel.
What Is TripBit?
TripBit is an innovative blockchain solution that aims to revolutionize how we get to purchase and book flights, events, and hotels through their blockchain platform. The concept is to have a cryptocurrency or fiat-based payment system that will allow travelers to enjoy the convenience of traveling through the use of blockchain technology. The trip it platform will work on a decentralized structure and a secondary decentralized application (DApp) marketplace. The portal will allow for consumers to resell tickets to events with non-refundable among many other features with the aim of giving back power to the typical consumers.
TripBit Decentralized Blockchain Travel Coin Features
- Markets- the platform identifies three major markets to work on in the tourism and travel industry: flights, hotels, and events
- Payment services- as the first of its kind travel blockchain platform, TripBit will offer fiat, BTC, ETH, and LTC as the primary modes of exchange within the platform. However, the primary currency remains the TripBit token (TBT).
- Complimentary services- apart from the transactions, TripBit will also offer car rental, itinerary services, airport pick-up, delivery and booking services.
Using The TripBit TBT Token
The TBT token is a decentralized currency for the TripBit platform and will work under a permission less contact to consumers and supplies within the travel industry. For the participants of the TripBit platform, the payments bear an incentive as long as the transaction is for a purchase or includes the use of TBT token. Additionally, if you are a token holder, you get to spend your token in an excellent choice of products or utilize them on promotions which promotes the use of TBT.
The token goes into use within five services the platform offers. These include;
- Car Hire
TripBit TBT ICO Details
Pre-ICO Start: March 21, 2018
Pre-ICO End: April 24, 2018
Main ICO Start: May 1, 2018
Main ICO End: July 3, 2018
Accepted Currencies: ETH
Min Purchase: 0.01 ETH
Max Purchase: None
Max Supply: 700,000,000
Price: 1 ETH = 10,000 TBT
Hard Cap: $40,000,000
Soft Cap: $4,000,000
What You Can Gain From TripBit
- Low fees- the utilization of blockchain technology will ensure the lowest costs among the competitive travel agencies and services
- Promotions- get promotions to events and tour destinations by using the TBT token.
- Security and privacy- the use of a decentralized currency and platform means no single authority is responsible.
- Real-time booking
- A trip planner
How Viable Is TripBit?
It would be unwise to judge the TripBit project from just from accessing its initial stages. However, I would not fail to point out that the plan lacks the enthusiasm and developments seen with unique blockchain projects within the tourism industry. In short, the concept behind TripBit is somewhat similar to what most other platforms have to offer. As such, there isn’t much potential I would foresee within TripBit.