Trippki is a new hotel booking channel and customer reward system which incentivizes sharing of value transactions in the booking process between guests and hotels. Trippki plans to launch an MVP towards the end of 2018 as a full stack release of all its features.
Trippki – The Problem It Aims To Solve
The Online hotel booking service has become increasingly centralized and is dominated by a duopoly of the Priceline Group and Expedia who combined account for over 80% of the OTA market. This results in a sub-optimal marketplace with low margins, high commissions, low customer retention and difficulty in reaching new customers.
Trippki – Value Proposition
The solution comes in the form of TRIP, a cryptographically secure and decentralized token. Its value is derived from access to a cost-efficient universal loyalty points travel economy. Trippki utilizes crypto-economic alignment for the different players within the travel economy. The goal is to build and maintain a network effect that can dramatically reduce channel costs (commissions) from up to 30% within the existing OTA model down to 2.5% – 5%, and possibly gradually to zero.
TRIP Token Sale Summary
- Start on 14th November (UTC 3pm)
- Ends in 14 days or when the hard cap is reached
- Hard cap of 36,000* ETH. Soft cap 26,000** ETH
- No minimum cap
- Token name is TRIP
- Only ETH accepted for the sale
- Total amount of TRIP issued is 200M
- Total amount of TRIP distributed on pre-sale & public sale is 80M
- 80M Trip locked for slow release (The Vault)
- Recommended wallets: MyEtherWallet, Mist, MetaMask, (adv users: Ethereum client implementation of your choice)
- Public Launch: 5th September 2017
- White Paper: 15th September 2017
- Token Sale Summary: 5th September 2017
- Token Sale: 14th November 2017
- Partner Onboarding: Q1- Q4 – 2018
- MVP Release: Q4 2018
Intended Use Of Raised Funds
- 50% – System Development
- 25% – Marketing, Business Development
- 12% – Research
- 10% – Operations & Legal
- 2% – Community
- 1% – Decentralised & P2P Technology Education
Trippki is definitely a disruptive concept. The idea of dethroning the two major OTA players by decentralizing the benefits to customers and hotels is both practical and romantic. Since the entire platform is based on Etherium, acceptability by the market is the only real concern. Although we can’t vouch for its success in these initial days (only the market decides this), we are definitely hopeful for Trippki to become a major player in the upcoming blockchain economy.