Waves Launches Incentives For Blockchain Game Developers, Stakes 1 Million WAVES Tokens
Waves Launches Incentives For Blockchain Game Developers
The Waves blockchain platform recently launched a project that enables developers to easily integrate distributed ledger technology into their games. Further, the platform will create a fund of 1 million WAVES as an incentive of persuading developers to develop games on the Waves network.
The Waves team will assist developers by providing in-depth advisory services as well as aiding them in integrating Waves features into their games. Besides, the team will also furnish the developers with the required documentation. According to Sasha Ivanov, this initiative was introduced to demonstrate the versatility of the Waves blockchain and promote its adoption within the gaming sector. Sasha is confident that the gaming sector will welcome blockchain technology and spur its mainstream adoption. She concluded by saying that the company will reward developers for deploying their projects on the Waves network.
So far, the Waves blockchain has released smart contracts and is working on the development of non-fungible tokens. Such tokens are crucial in the operation of blockchain-based games that have multiple in-game purchases.
The Waves blockchain platform is designed for:
- Game developers with blockchain-based titles who wish to relocate to the Waves network.
- Game developers with ongoing projects who are willing to integrate the functionalities of the Waves blockchain into their products.
- Developers with game prototypes that are mulling over integrating distributed ledger technology.
Features of The Waves Blockchain
- Simple Token Creation – creating tokens on the Waves blockchain does not require knowledge of computer science or programming. It is a straightforward process.
- Non-fungible tokens – Waves offers distinctive teens that can be easily tracked and transferred or traded.
- Software development kit (SDK) – the Waves SDK is designed to streamline the process of integrating the Waves blockchain and tokens into games.
- White-label exchange – the waves decentralized exchange platform offers a template that can be easily customized to suit the preferences of individual clients.
- Mobile wallet and Browser plugin – in games where players are required to perform several transactions, Waves eases the prices by introducing secure single-click approval mechanisms. These tools are available on mobile and desktop platforms.
Blockchain Technology in the Gaming Industry
Blockchain technology has the potential to revolutionize the gaming industry. Moreover, most gamers are familiar with digital currencies and understand their value. In-game purchases can profit massively form tokenization and the opportunities that emanate from the establishment of digital items that can be sold on a secure blockchain-driven marketplace. Also, blockchain technology will eradicate the $60 million black market that is impeding the growth of the gaming sector. Lastly, tokenization will contribute to the innovation of new aspects of gameplay by bridging the gap between physical and digital assets, since every item becomes distinctive and its provenance can be easily traced.