Wikiversity Plans For Bitcoin’s Lightning Network Educational Videos
Bitcoin (BTC) Lightning Network is very controversial within the bitcoin community and cryptocurrency ecosystem. It is the leading blockchain-based digital asset in the world and has proved many wrong thus far, but as it stands the split between Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH) has been quite a damper on its momentum and progress. At the heart of that discussion, the main focal point and center of attention is the Lightning Network, a second layer solution that is supposed to enhance Bitcoin's scability and fees issue.
While we will not get into that here – there is now those who are trying to help others understand how to use Lightning Network and what its potential and possibilities can lead to. Here is how the Wikiversity Bitcoin Lightning Network videos would look like.
Series of Educational Videos to be produced
As it stands now, there are 30 possible titles for videos to be made about understanding the inner workings of Bitcoin's controversial Lightning Network. The titles are not complete and are subject to changes in the future with viewer interest as the main catalyst for providing the right information and education regarding this hopeful blockchain technology solution. The website is asking for feedback and recommendations as far as what users want to see and learn about. Anyone can create the videos and tag themselves, and if they go undone then user:renepick will produce each video in due time.
Here are the working titles so far regarding Bitcoin's Lightning Network video lineup:
- What is the Lightning Network?
- What is a payment Channel?
- What is a network of payment channels?
- What is a Revocable Sequence Maturity Contract (RSMC)?
- What is the secret of Hashed Time Locked Contract (HTLC)?
- Why is the lightning network so fast?
- X things you did not know about the lightning network.
- Why is the lightning network secure?
- How secure is the lightning network?
- How far does the lightning network scale?
- Dangers of using the lightning network
- How do I pay a lightning invoice?
- Do I need Crypto currencies to use the lightning network?
- Can I use the lightning network on cold storage?
- Why is the channel balance fixed?
- How expensive is using lightning?
- Can I use a mnemonic seed to restore my lightning wallet?
- How to Backup a lightning wallet?
- What happens if I loose my Commitment Transactions or Revocation Keys?
- Do I really have to be online all the time when using the lightning network?
- Why is the lightning network different to credit cards or current payment methods?
- Does the lightning network only work with Bitcoin?
- How can I offer Lightning Payments to my customers?
- Why can payments sometimes not be routed?
- When will the lightning network become mainstream?
- What is the incentive for people creating the lightning network?
- Why do I not have to trust my channel partner?
- Why Can't someone steel funds while routing a payment through the network?
- How to secure your lightning wallet
- Overview of current LN wallets for Android and iOs
Here is Rene Pickhardt asking for community feedback as to which videos users and enthusiasts want to see and learn from regarding the Bitcoin (BTC) Lightning Network (LN).
List of planned educational videos for the #lightningnetwork. Pls give me feedback which ones you would want to see more quickly or which ideas I am missing. Videos will soon start to be on https://t.co/lN1xZkSu1t You can edit the list on @wikiversity : https://t.co/wT5U82g44B pic.twitter.com/jvffcPGmE7
— Rene Pickhardt (@renepickhardt) August 20, 2018
What do you guys think – one thing is for certain, the average user must start to understand how Lightning Network actually works otherwise the BTC led bear market could continue for many more months and possibly years if more adoption and use cases are not enhanced in the real world.