XRP Cryptocurrency Requests Public's Help with Symbol Selection
XRP is the token abbreviation for Ripple’s coin, which has been in the media fairly frequently lately for its fast transaction speeds with no fees. However, on a website for the token, the designers express their need to get help from the public to choose a symbol for that token.
Like any competition, there are certain guidelines that the entrant must abide by.:
- The work must be completely original and the work of the applicant.
- All of the entries will be accepted no later than June 1st, 2018 at 12:00am EST.
- Voting starts the same night, and will last until June 7th at 11:59pm EST. Of the top three options, there will be a second and final round that they must pass.
- None of the imagery can contain graphic, defamatory, or controversial ideas.
- None of the entries can contain graphics that are already trademarked.
- Images need to be easy to recreate by hand and at an adjustable scale.
- A description of the symbolic image must be included.
Unlike other competitions, there is no way to buy votes. Furthermore, the only “prize” is that of the knowledge that the contestant helped discover the best symbol.
Despite the search for this symbol, the website is careful to note that it has no affiliation with Ripple specifically, even though it is a registered trademark of the original brand. Consumers that want to learn more about this competition can send a message to [email protected]