ZeppelinOS Framework to Help Cardstack Upgrade its Smart Contracts
Cardstack just announced that it would use ZeppelinOS framework to get upgradable contracts as part of its second considerable upgrade for the CARD token smart contract. The platform for developing decentralized apps, Cardstack, has done a thorough preparation for this upgrade.
Part of the review process included verifying that the ZeppelinOS codebase to ensure that all security vulnerabilities were addressed beforehand. The update will occur shortly on 11/9/2018 and Cardstack anticipates continuing with third-party service integrations immediately.
The primary vision behind the Cardstack plat is allowing developers and users to engage in mixing and matching of features and thereby improve their workflows. The platform is created for full-stack app development and is complemented by modular smart contracts. Ever since the first deployment of the Ethereum mainnet, clients can find the most updated version of CARD token by using the platform’s ENS address, which is cardstack.eth.
In the most recent announcement regarding the technical roadmap of the firm, Cardstack explained that their plan was for its CARD token to act as the universal utility fuel in its platform. Clients will be able to pay for decentralized dApps or any other cloud services by using the CARD token.
To attain stability and better adoption, Cardstack plans on keeping up with reliable, iterative updates that will help in integrating the platform with decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, oracles, and stable coins. The app development platform will also use various compliance frameworks like CLUTCH to aid in growing the Cardstack environment.
Crucial Points To Note During the Upgrade
- Disabled transactions: There will not be any transactions during the upgrade
- Date and time: The update will start at 9 am on 11/9/2018, and it will last for at least eight to twelve hours.
- New Ethereum address: CARD’s token address will be changed with the new one being located at its ENS after the upgrade.
- No address change in future: The address is never going to be replaced again even when deploying later versions of the platform in future.
- Check Telegram for updates: Cardstack will give clients updates regarding the progress of the update through its official Telegram channel.
Cardstack Change Log
- Transitioning Cardstack contract to the open proxy patter of ZeppelinOS based on current industry standards
- Enable future upgrades to smart contracts to deploy seamlessly without modifying the token address
- Update the solidity codes to the newest version
- Refactor ledger contracts to considerably lower gas utilization for transfer functions by almost half and thereby reduce the likelihood of failures
- Add ERC20 standard compliance by adding functionality for zero token transactions
- Declare the hard cap and guarantee all token issuance in the future is within that limit